7th International Conference “Window Day 2020 – ift Rosenheim Hrvatska” was held on 11.03.2020. at the Antunovic Hotel in Zagreb. The event brought together leading regional and EU experts in the field of window technology and energy efficiency of the building industry. Despite complex market circumstances, such as the postponed FENSTERBAU World Trade Fair in Nuremberg, organizer ift Hrvatska was able to bring together a range of industry experts and participants, as well as 20 partners / sponsors who presented numerous innovations and new modern and efficient window solutions.
An important international dimension was provided by the German partners from the well known institute ift Rosenheim.
The conference was extremely content with both the program and the topics of the lecturers. The day began with an introductory lecture by ift Hrvatska organizers and ift Rosenheim, Mr. Hrvoje Komac and Mr. Roland Fischer, followed by the topic of the nZEB Cluster for Energy Efficiency and Sustainability in Building Prof. Zoran Versic from the Faculty of Architecture, then Mr. Luka Fukat from company KFK d.o.o. who spoke about the challenging British and US market, there was also talk about EU funds and supervision from Mr. Mladen Ilijević and Mr. Natko Bilić, and the first morning block was completed with the theme of the experience of the partner of company PANA WINDOWS, which has withdrawn funds for the purpose of research and development of new products with the aim of opening to new markets. We continued the panel by discussing employees challenges as a very topical topic in Croatia.
After the coffee break we started with the topics on innovation in glass, CE marking of fire resistant doors, here our speakers were Mr. Alexander Riemer from Alukoenigstahl, Mr. Roland Fischer and Mr. Gerhard Wackerbauer from ift Rosenheim. Afternoon block, started with the theme of innovation wood aluminium windows by company LOKVE. Our speakers on that topic were Franjo Mihelčić, Mr. Miroslav Turk and Mr. Leo Speiser. The conference ended with a panel discussion that was joined by Mr. Alexander Terer in front of Profine Croatia, Alexander Riemer from Alukoenigstahl, Christian Stojanoski from Tremco Illbruck.
After the official part, the participants were organized an after conference party where the party continued in a more relaxed environment.
- The situation in the window market is becoming more complex, so companies and experts from SEE countries are paying close attention to trends and business developments in Germany and other EU markets.
- The sector must be organized and successfully operate in the current circumstances, which supports the announcement of the organization of a window manufacturers group within the Croatian Chamber of Economy.
- Sectoral challenges should be approached realistically and optimistically, but the bulk of the optimism should come from adopting and applying a range of technical and technological innovations in the field of fire resistance, thermal and sound insulation, new materials and new types of fittings already used in developed EU markets.
- It is necessary to continue activities to transfer the knowledge of key experiences in window installation, to follow installation guidelines such as RAL, but also to design a Croatian directive for the installation of windows, facades and external doors, but at the same time it is necessary to educate designers who often prescribe the German RAL guideline without feeling for realistic possibilities of this type of installation.
- The impact of climate change on the sector cannot be ignored.
- One of the most complex sectoral challenges is the education of installers, masters and technical operators.
- Employees challenges represent a long-term bottleneck for the sector and all employers must already have an active policy of scholarship and recruiting young professionals.
- Applying innovations in window and door manufacturing is an ongoing commitment of all sectoral stakeholders, especially academia.
A number of sponsors who have not only closely followed the global trends, but also offered solutions and answers to all set of challenges, have shown partnership and support towards this industry:
ALPHACAN, ALU KOENIG STAHL, ALUMIL CROATIA, ALUPLAST AUSTRIA, ARP / REMMERS, PROFILINK / ROLOPLAST, FEAL, GEALAN, HOPPE, INOUTIC, KRISTAL, LOKVE, PANA WINDOWS, PROFINE CROATIA, REHAU, VEKA, TEHNOMARKET, TKK, TREMCO ILLBRUCK, WUERTH HRVATSKA, ALUK TIM, magazine WINDOWS & DOORS, CROATIAN WOOD CLUSTER and nZEB CLUSTER.
The whole conference was moderated by Mr. Marijan Kavran, who kept his focus on the topics with interesting and interactive guidance.
We would like to thank you for supporting all our sponsors, partners, all participants, and we look forward to welcoming you to our next 8th International Window Day Conference to be held in March 2021.